UPPER ARLINGTON,Ohio (July 7, 2012) - The Wounded Warrior crewed #26 XR1200, sponsored by RIDER Insurance / Oxford Consulting Group / Team Ohio Racing will be holding a silent auction to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) during the Buckeye SuperBike Weekend July 13-15. All proceeds of this silent auction will go to the WWP. The following items will be auctioned off:
• 4 Dunlop podium hats, each at signed by the top five points holders in each AMA Pro Road Racing class (SS, DSB, SBK and XR), generously supplied by Dunlop Tire and Race Tire Service. Each signed hat will be auctioned off individually.
• 1 NEXX XR1R helmet, supplied by NEXX Helmets USA, the size and color to be selected by the winning bidder.
• 1 pair of REV’IT! gloves supplied by REV’IT! Sport USA. The size and color to be selected by the winning bidder.
• 1 Pit-Bull SS Rear Stand that can be used as a Standard or Spooled Rear Stand, donated by Oxford Consulting Group. This is the same stand that Team Ohio Racing will be using for the weekend (new for that weekend), and will be available after the race on Sunday.
• 1 Pit-Bull Hybrid Forklift Stand, donated by Oxford Consulting Group. This is the same stand that Team Ohio Racing will be using for the weekend (new for that weekend), and will be available after the race on Sunday.
• 2 City BBQ gift cards, each worth $40 and redeemable in the Columbus, Ohio area. Each gift card will be auctioned off separately.
• A set of Brian Stokes signed REV'IT! leathers.
• A Matt Lynn signed KWS-Millennium Technologies GSXR1000 upper fairing.
• A pair of Alpinestar boots signed by Aaron Gobert.
• A metal Leo Vince sign.
• Swag from Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream. This award winning ice cream is from Ohio and available nationwide.
• A 2-up ride on Sunday, (weather permitting), with Michael Jordan Motorsports / National Guard Suzuki's Jason Pridmore. This is a tremendous donation on the part of MJM, and we thank them in supporting the WWP mission.
To enter the silent auction please visit the WWP booth (located in vendor’s row) on either July 13th or July 14th before 5pm. Contestants must complete the silent auction forms at the booth to be eligible to win. Please include your name, phone number and bid amount.
Beginning at 6pm that Saturday evening the RIDER Insurance / Oxford Consulting Group / Team Ohio Racing will be holding a warrior meet and greet in the paddock. Any ticket holder with pit pass will be able to attend. This event is an opportunity to meet, thank those warriors that have served our county and to understand the WWP mission. The warrior meet and greet will be held at the Vesrah Suzuki hospitality area and will conclude at 8pm.
The silent auction will re-start at 6pm and conclude at 7pm. Winners will be announced immediately following the closing of bids at the Vesrah Suzuki hospitality area. Contestants do not need to be present to win, but silent auction winners will be asked to pick-up and pay for their winning items by 11:30 am Sunday. Due to the 2-up ride on Sunday being “weather permitting”, the winner of that item will be asked to pay Sunday morning when arriving to the pit.
Team Ohio Racing and the Wounded Warrior Project want to thank Dunlop Tire and Race Tire Service, REV’IT! Sport USA, Oxford Consulting Group, City BBQ, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, Michael Jordan Motorsports and the racing community for donating these items. A special thanks to Bree at Vesrah Suzuki for lending out their hospitality area. Without their generous support, none of this would have been possible.
Team Ohio Racing is proudly supported by RIDER Insurance, Oxford
Consulting Group, Wounded Warrior Project, Midwest Motorcyclist, REV'IT!
Sport USA, NEXX Helmets, Drippin'Wet, GPtech, Silkolene, Portfolio
Creative, Pit Bull Stands, Maverick Moto Media, 830 Engineering,
RacerRuss Motorsports. Follow Team Ohio on Facebook at http://facebook.com/TeamOhioRacing and on twitter @TeamOhioRacing.